Food Safety Solutions for Carriers, Brokers & Shippers | FEB/MAR 2017
Making Food Safety Simple
Your Food Safety Transportation News & Updates!
Decoding FSMA & Sanitary Transport:
Learn With Lindsay!
Food Safety Training & Implementation Manager at Iron Apple International
In her previous role, Lindsay spent 6 years as a Food Processing Inspector for the CFIA (Canadian Food Inspection Agency). She has a strong knowledge of Inspection Acts & Regulations, FSEP (Food Safety Enhancement Program) and HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) Systems.
FSMA SANITARY RULE REQUIREMENT:
> Required to Have Written Food Safety Procedures in Place.
RESPONSE FROM LINDSAY:
- Sanitation & Pest control
- Recall & Traceability
FSMA for Food Transport
Truckload Academy Live Learning Webinar Description
FSMA for Food Transport – Join Us – March 8
- Lindsay Glass, Training & Implementation Manager, Iron Apple International
- Nathaniel G. Saylor, Partner, Scopelitis, Garvin, Light, Hanson & Feary, P.C.
- Prasad Sharma, Partner, Scopelitis, Garvin, Light, Hanson & Feary, P.C.
Food Safety Q & A for Carriers:
Commonly Asked Questions
3) Are other carriers taking these rules serious?
- Inspections on the spot at either border crossings or weigh scales.
- DOT or the FDA may ask your drivers to produced records associated with previous loads, sanitation records, wash out receipts and temperature control.
- FDA may schedule an audit or an compliance inspection at your head office or terminal where you will be expected to show that your company has a Food Safety Program in place including written procedures and records.
- Enforcement activities may come through your shipper. During a shipper’s regulatory audit or inspection with the FDA the shipper will be relying on their carriers to be able to produce compliant records to the FDA to exhibit that the food remained safe during transportation.
Transportation Food Safety News:
In Case You Missed It…
- Must Arrive By Date Compliance – Walmart suppliers, from giants like Procter & Gamble and Li & Fung to smaller, regional suppliers – must get their merchandise to a distribution center or store within a certain time frame…Read More
- Truckload Academy Live Learning Webinar “FSMA for Food Transport” March 8, 2017 – Topics include: How to protect yourself in your contracts; How to protect yourself in the absence of a contract; Key issues carriers should consider under the rule. Read More
- Shippers, truckers prepare for FSMA transportation rule – The deadline is forthcoming for larger businesses and certain carriers to implement the final Food Safety and Modernization Act transportation rule. Read More
- Iron Apple Releases a Spanish Version of their Web Based Food Safety Training for Carriers – Food Safety Training for Carriers to Meet FSMA Requirements. Read More
- Movement on the Safe Food for Canadians Act – This is a similar overhaul to the food safety industry in Canada, which follows very similar if not more stringent requirements than FSMA for the United States…Read More
- Global cold chain market forecast to reach $271.3 billion by 2022…Read More